Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Shit's About to Get Real

I've pretty much been MIA from the blog lately, and for that, I apologize. Or maybe it's more of a #sorrynotsorry situation. I've had a deep think about why I never feel like blogging, and I think I've pinned it down.

I decided to start a blog to get back to writing on a regular basis, but sometimes life is crazy busy, and it's become somewhat of an obligation (at least in my mind; no one is actually forcing me to blog). I didn't get into this with the idea that it would someday become my primary source of income or anything, and yet now I feel compelled to participate in link-ups and follow people back and "grow my blog." I mean, it's great if people read this and find it funny/relatable/whatever, and I like interacting with other bloggers, but I'm going to stop concerning myself with stats and such as much as I do.

In the same vein, I'm going to be more real. I don't think I was really hiding myself before, but I was definitely just scratching the surface of my thoughts and feelings in hopes of not alienating people/appealing to a wider audience. Fuck that noise! So while you shouldn't expect a whole lot of "Dear Diary"-type confessions, I'm going to make less of an effort to stifle my personality and thoughts. Basically, this means more cursing, so brace yourself. :)



So yes. I'm hoping now that the pressure's off, you'll be hearing from me more frequently. Or maybe you won't. Only time will tell ...



No comments:

Post a Comment