Friday, March 21, 2014

High Five for Friday

Holy crap, it's Friday again! I am finally returning to the land of the functional after arriving home from Vegas at 2 a.m. Monday morning. Seriously, it was all I could do to keep my eyes open on Monday and Tuesday, I can't remember ever being that tired before. But I'm awake now and hoping to catch up on blog posts this weekend and share more details about my trip. Until then, here are my favorite things from this past week:

1) Vegas was SO. MUCH. FUN. I got to catch up with two of my oldest friends, and I met five ladies who were so sweet and fun. We danced, sat by the pool, and had many adventures. Such a good time. Can't wait to see everyone again at the wedding in May!

The group – minus Brian, our token male bachelorette party guest.

2) I am a little obsessed with "Drunk in Love" – I heard it weeks ago, and it didn't really do anything for me, but something clicked and I listened to it on repeat all day on Wednesday. Side note: Not a good song to have stuck in your head at the office; the lyrics are not exactly work-appropriate.




3) Divergent comes out today! I really enjoyed the book (I'm halfway through the second one now) and I'm excited to see how it translates to film. Also, Shailene Woodley seems really cool. I wasn't a fan of hers in the Secret Life of the American Teenager days, but she seems like a chilled-out hippie even though she's part of Hollywood (which I love), and I want her hairstyle.

4) My mom had shoulder surgery on Wednesday, and it went really well. She'll have to take it easy for the next few weeks, but I'm grateful that she's doing well and on the road to recovery.

5) Hazed & Confused ice cream. These core things are amazing –  this one is hazelnut and chocolate ice cream with a hazelnut fudge core, but they have others with caramel, peanut butter, jam, etc. It was hard to decide which one to try, but this kind is delicious! It's like Nutella in ice-cream form, and how could that be anything but awesome?





What were the highlights of your week? Linking up with Lauren, Jennie, and the Five on Friday ladies, check out their blogs below!


 photo FFaves_zps6c1a013e.png  photo H54Fbutton-1_zpsa7aaa665.png THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

2 comments:

  1. That Ben and Jerry's looks awesome, and how do they come up with such awesome names for their products?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super yummy. I tried some of the Karamel Sutra over the weekend, and that was amazing, too. :)

      Delete