Friday, March 7, 2014

High Five for Friday



Friday has arrived once again! Since this was my first week back at work after vacation, I'm happier than usual to see it. Here are some of the high points from my week:

1. Mexico trip! It was absolutely fabulous. In addition to the hanging out at the stunning beach above, I got to spend a week with my mom and sister, two of my favorite ladies.

Lin, Mom, and me. The only pic I managed to take of the three of us all week.

2. Bachelorette planning - I'm throwing my friend's bachelorette party in Vegas next weekend, and I'm very excited. I've been shopping for decorations and putting together little "survival kits" with snacks, hangover cures, etc. So much fun!


3. T. Bob and I officially became a couple eight years ago today. We tend to celebrate on our wedding anniversary these days, but I always remember this date fondly.

T. Bob and me in 2006. I'm glad my style has evolved a bit since then, eesh!

4. I read Divergent on my trip, and I really enjoyed it. Similar vibe to The Hunger Games, but different enough to still be interesting. I can't wait to watch the movie and compare!

5. I've heard Pharrell's "Happy" several times, but it's been really stuck in my head since he performed at the Oscars on Sunday. The song is so upbeat and fun, and him dancing with Lupita Nyong'o and Amy Adams was totally adorable. Still don't really get the penis-hat thing, though. That is not cute.




Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! As usual, linking up with the ladies below.


 photo H54Fbutton-1_zpsa7aaa665.png

5 comments:

  1. Mexcio and Vegas?? Can I get in the luggage next time you plan something? haha Hope you all have a blast and a fabulous weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, totally! My mom and sister made fun of my giant suitcase for Mexico, so you'd probably fit. :) Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. He certainly had created quite the stir with that "penis hat" you know Arby's bought the one he wore to the Grammy's for like 40k?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, seriously? I suppose it does look a lot like their logo. That's too funny.

      Delete
  3. Happy 8 years together! I still remember our "officially together" anniversary, too. And the Mexico trip sounds pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete