Friday, February 21, 2014

High Five for Friday


Valentine's Day dessert from Blue Sushi   I can't remember all the details, but it involved melted chocolate and homemade raspberry ice cream. Amazingly good.

Well, it's official: I no longer fall into the category of "twenty-something blogger," as today is my 30th birthday. I can't say that I really feel any different, but maybe that will come in the next 12 months. Here are some highlights from the last week of my 20s:

1. Valentine's date: On Saturday, T. Bob and I celebrated by getting massages and then went to a late lunch downtown at Blue Sushi. They have great happy hour specials, tons of veggie sushi rolls and a pretty amazing dessert menu (see drool-worthy photo above).

2. Great weather: It has been sunny and warm (well, 50s and lower 60s) this week, and I loved it. We got a dusting of snow on Wednesday night, but it didn't affect traffic on Thursday morning at all, so I'm counting that as a win.

3. Four-day workweek: Since I had Presidents' Day off, I used Monday to get a mani-pedi and start packing for our trip. We leave for Isla Mujeres tomorrow morning, and I am beyond excited.

Empty shelves at Trader Joe's. Apparently, Coloradans are a little excited to have them here.

4. Trader Joe's has come to Colorado! We stopped by the Boulder one and it was insanely busy, so we didn't buy anything. But I'm looking forward to shopping there on the regular once the excitement dies down a bit.



5. T. Bob got me the sweetest birthday gift: a book compiling the first few months of this blog. So thoughtful and totally cute.

What were some highlights from your week? As usual, linking up with the ladies below.


 photo H54Fbutton-1_zpsa7aaa665.png

14 comments:

  1. HI Laura! Welcome to the dirty thirties....I'm 32 and so far my 30s have kicked ass. My first stop by your blog and I'm so glad I did. I hope you have a nice trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm hoping my 30s will rock as well. :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Laura! Happy 30th! I hope you have a wonderful birthday and enjoy your trip! I have heard wonderful things about Isla Mujeres and cant wait to see your pics! Pamela @ alittleglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm so excited I can barely contain myself at this point. And thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Hey, Laura! I have a Trader Joe's in the Woodlands - it's a love/hate relationship! Love the store...hate the prices. But, it is what it is! Thanks for sharing your week! Katie @ kayteeyumms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? I've heard it's better than Whole Foods price-wise, but I honestly didn't really look because it was so crazy in there, haha. Thanks for checking out my blog!

      Delete
  4. Visiting from the link up. What website/company made the book from your blog. That is a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! He said he used Blurb to make the book.

      Delete
  5. That's too cool that you got a book made from your blog! I ought to do that one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really cool, and a great way to commemorate the beginnings of the blog, should I keep at it for a while. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Can I just say how much I love your Friday 5? First off, that is the most beautiful picture of a dessert dish I have ever seen and I love me some sushi. Plus you guys had massage's! Getting a mani and pedi on President's Day is the best way to spend a Monday, ha! I love the blog to book idea too... we need to know how he did that, I would LOVE! to do that too!

    I hope you have a great weekend babe, xo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much! He used a company called Blurb and said it was pretty simple. I hope you had an excellent weekend as well!

      Delete
  7. Found you through the link up...Happy Belated Birthday! LOVE the blog book he made you! What a great gift!

    Anne
    www.lovethehereandnow.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was highly enjoyable. And thanks for stopping by!

      Delete