Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Guess who's back ... back again ...

Hello, blogland!

I'm very excited to be back, and I hope to get back to posting on a regular basis. In my mind, I thought January was going to be totally chill, and a nice break after the holiday craziness, but ... not so much. But now it's February (aka my favorite month), so I'm just going to forge ahead. Some highlights from my month:

Chelsea (left) and me with our sisters last St. Patrick's Day.

- I proofread a friend's book! Chelsea just finished her second novel, and I really enjoyed her first one, so I was pumped when she asked me if I would edit her draft. She is a really talented writer and the series she's working on is creative and fun. Y'all should check her out!


Group shot I stole from my sister's Instagram (hence the graininess).

- I had a girls' weekend with my mom and sister and my mom's good friend and her daughters. We drank mimosas, went to see Evita at the Denver Center, had a delicious dinner at Blue Sushi, and spent the night downtown at the Curtis. I grew up with these girls, but we don't see each other much now that we're adults, so it was really fun to spend time with them and get to know them a little better.

Whitney and Lin re-enact their attempt to scare people by hiding in the armoire.
Pretty sure this was the best reaction anyone had.

- The Broncos made it the Super Bowl! And then lost in a spectacular fashion. That was not a fun game to watch. I'm not a big sports fan in general, but the playoff games leading up to it were really exciting, and the whole city/state really came together to support the team, which was fun. I even bought my first article of sports-related clothing:

My Broncos shirt. I got one with the old-school logo because it's better.
Side note: There is a photo of Denver growing out of my head. Oops.


I think that's all I've got for now. But you'll be hearing from me again soon, I promise.


No comments:

Post a Comment