Monday, February 10, 2014

Going HAM: Off the Wagon

My weekend, in a nutshell. 

Well, it happened. After staying treat-free and keeping up with my workouts for all of January, February has not been going so well. Last week was ... terrible. Not terrible in an overall life sense, but terrible in terms of my following my Going HAM rules and trying to get healthier.

It started with the workouts. I had scheduled a LASIK consultation for Thursday, and they told me not to wear my contacts for as long as possible beforehand. I planned to work out while wearing my glasses (or, like, wear them to the treadmill and then run blind), but in reality, I just didn't work out. I met with my trainer on Wednesday, but that was it. For the whole week.

Then came the food choices. I was doing OK until Thursday night, when I broke into the rest of the Oreos. Then on Friday, I really wanted doughnuts while I was at work. After that, I went crazy. There were Girl Scout cookies, pancakes, peanut butter cups, pizza, and garlic bread. I couldn't stop (or I didn't want to). If I was going to ignore the rules, I was going to ignore them in a big way.

Sunday rolled around, and I felt pretty awful (both physically and psychologically). The junk may have tasted good in the moment, but now I was a bloated mess who felt bad about my utter lack of self-control. I'm not even sure what caused the bender; I wasn't particularly stressed or upset about anything (my usual triggers for overeating), and I didn't have a lot of temptation in my environment. But it happened.

Now, there's nothing to do but move forward. I spent Sunday afternoon meal planning, shopping and prepping my food for the week. I have a little less than two weeks left 'till my birthday, and I'm rededicating myself to stick to the plan until then. I scheduled my workouts, and bought some healthy "treats" (e.g., Greek yogurt with berries) to have in case my sweet tooth flares up. Onward and upward!


No comments:

Post a Comment