Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Getting Busy

And by that, I mean my life is. Holiday activities are in full swing around these parts. For example, I meant to have this post ready to go for Monday morning, but this weekend was so chock-full of goodness, I just couldn't get it together until Tuesday. So, let's recap, shall we?

On Friday night, I met my sister, Mal, and some of Mal's family at Odyssey, a cute little Italian restaurant in Denver. The spinach ravioli was pretty dang tasty, and Mal's dad was a hoot! Then I headed home to bake, as one must on Friday nights when one lives on the edge. 

Cookies and cream cupcakes. The recipe will be posted at some
point, but I wouldn't recommend holding your breath while you wait.

On Saturday morning, I finished up my Oreo cupcakes, and we headed to Mal's graduation party in Centennial. It was fun to hang out with family and friends, and meet some important people in Mal's life. Her sister, Chelsea, also made a slideshow of photos of Mal through the years, which was totally cute. My favorite part, though, was Mal's reaction upon opening her gift from T. Bob and me:

So excited!

We gave her a Sega console (she'd been wanting one), and she was like a kid on Christmas morning. Completely adorable. We came home and watched Love Actually, which is one of my favorite movies  even though I may have fallen asleep by the end.

Sunday morning, T. Bob and I went to see The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. What I saw of it seemed pretty good, but once again I fell asleep, so I don't remember much. There are a bunch of holiday movies I want to watch, so I'm hoping I can break myself of this habit to avoid missing them!

Rockin' our sweet 3D glasses after my refreshing nap.

Sunday evening, we headed downtown for our annual Christmas date. I like to find a holiday-themed activity for us to do every year  in the past, we've gone to Zoo Lights, watched Miracle on 34th Street at the Arvada Center, and gone shopping for gifts for children in need. Just a fun activity to get us into the spirit. This year, we went to see Cirque Dreams Holidaze at the Denver Center.

We started the evening at the Wazee Supper Club, which I had never visited before but really liked. The decor was cute and the food was really tasty. We had pierogies and stromboli, both of which were cheesy and delicious.

View from our table.
After dinner, we wandered around downtown, window shopping and looking at all of the Christmas decorations, before heading to the show. 

T. Bob with the windmill at the German holiday market, off 16th Street Mall.
They had food, ornaments, and roasted nuts that smelled amazing. 

The show itself was great, it was similar to a Cirque du Soleil performance, but it had some acts I had never seen before. My favorite was a couple who kept changing their outfits in a matter of seconds (seriously, like two seconds). I have no idea how they did it! But it was definitely fun to watch. Then we headed home and stayed up way too late to watch the season finale of Homeland (which was pretty intense! I'm not sure where the show goes from here, honestly). Overall, a great weekend. What did y'all get up to this weekend?



2 comments:

  1. Hey Bestie! I see your posts for new blog posts, but am usually too busy to stop and read em! I'm glad I did this time! :) Fun weekend, glad I got to spend some of it with you, and I agree my mushroom ravioli was awesome! And those cupcakes were beyond good! Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! And thanks for taking all those photos Mal put on Facebook, those were hilarious!

      Delete