Friday, November 22, 2013

High Five for Friday



1. I met Aisha Tyler on Saturday! I listen to her podcast every week and I'm a little bit obsessed with her. She's so smart and funny and down-to-earth. We went to her standup show Comedy Works and afterward she hung out in the lobby, chatting and taking pictures with everyone. I could barely keep my shit together and stammered "Uh, I love your podcast! And your book! You're so funny!" Not my most eloquent conversation, but she took it in stride and was totally gracious. Love her.

2. My sister had a surprise birthday party last weekend and it was super fun. We played Bunco, and I ate way too many snacks, got to hold my friend's adorable daughter, and caught up with some of my sister's friends I hadn't seen in ages.


3. I made it to work on time (early, even!) after it snowed on Thursday. Commuting in the snow is THE WORST. One day last winter, it took me three hours to get to work (you'd think Coloradans would be good at winter driving given the amount of snow we get, but that is not the case). But I randomly woke up at 5 a.m. yesterday, so I did yoga, got ready, stopped for a pastry, and still made it to work by 7:30 a.m. So I'm hopeful that snow and I can get along this year.

4. These burritos. I got the recipe from my co-worker's daughter and T. Bob made them for dinner on Monday, and they are delicious. Not soggy like other zucchini-based burritos I've had. Still have no idea where to find chayote, though. Let me know if you figure that out.

5. I am in love with Joy the Baker's new webseries, Bonkers Awesome! Her curiosity and demeanor are so cute, and it's really cool to take a behind-the-scenes look at bakeshops. And I'm totally envious of her style. Awesome, indeed.

Have an excellent weekend, y'all!

As usual, linking up with Lauren for High Five for Friday!


 photo H54Fbutton-1_zpsa7aaa665.png

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great week!! I would love if you would come linkup with me today!
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linked! :) Thanks for stopping by, your blog is super cute. And congrats on your new addition!

      Delete