Monday, April 1, 2019

Entering old age

I've never actually been hungover, but I still find this relatable.


" I can't let you in cause you're old as fuck. For this club, you know, not for the earth." - Knocked Up

Y'all, I'm old now. Not really. I'm 35, so normal life expectancy would tell us I have decades left on this earth. But I FEEL kind of old. Mostly because of various ailments.

Like I can never get enough sleep. If I'm watching TV on a weekend afternoon, I WILL take a 2-3 hour accidental nap. And I've been known to doze off in the movie theater, particularly if they have those nice recliner seats. But I sleep 7+ hours each night, so I really shouldn't be operating on a deficit.





Another issue: Things are sore a lot. I've taken to calling my left side my garbage side, because it's always the side that bothers me. My shoulder is usually sore, because I sometimes sleep on my side. Who knew sleeping would fuck you up? My knee is usually sore, because ... I actually have no idea why. I've worn a brace on that knee when I work out for the last 10+ years, but I've been to the doctor and there's nothing actually wrong with it. But if I'm squatting or, you know, getting out of a car or something, something happens within it and then it will hurt for days. Then I don't want to further injure it, so it's hard to make progress on the workout front. Whomp whomp. 

I go back and forth between "this is normal, you're just getting older" and "I probably have undiagnosed MS." I doubt I actually have MS, but I find if I look up any disease/disorder, I have at least half of the symptoms. So that's a fun game to play with Google if you need more anxiety in your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment