Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Confession Wednesday

It's that day of the week again, and I have plenty to confess, so I'll jump right into it.

- I wish I wanted to blog more. I keep doing things that I plan to blog about, but the motivation is not there. But a do have a whole store of material, so at some point there will be some quality posts.

- I've eaten the same thing for lunch (veggie lasagna and green beans) for the past three workweeks. But it's easy and I'm not tired of it yet, so it might just keep happening.

- On Saturday, I tried something that recently became legal in Colorado. Since I'm 30 and I've never been intoxicated/otherwise mind-altered, and it's allowed now, I decided it was time. I'm typically pretty giggly/silly, but this was some next level shit. I feel like Never Been Kissed is a pretty accurate depiction of my behavior. Except I wasn't in public, thank Christ.




- I recently switched phone plans and I have unlimited texts, instead of the 200 I used to have. As a result, I've pretty much texted everyone I've ever met, multiple times. Hopefully this is just a novelty phase and I will stop being one of those annoying people who is perpetually on their phone.



- I was on a conference call at work, and one lady on the call said "I hope that means you'll have a nice, big package for me." The host responded, "Yes, it'll be really nice." I had to mute my line because I was giggling like a middle-schooler.




- Speaking of work, there's a woman I work with who is very secretive about her age, and it bugs me. I figured she was like 65, but she sometimes makes references to growing up that would make her in her 40s. So I finally Googled her ass, and she's 61! Which totally doesn't matter/affect anything at all, I just love knowing because I know she doesn't want me to know.

- I like to quote Kanye West. Not like his songs, but his Twitter/blog rants circa '09. No one ever gets the reference, but I think it's hilarious. Like when something isn't working, I shout "Why won't you let me be great?" Or if I see a gray hair in the mirror, I toss out a "This is some Benjamin Button's shit!" Good times, good times.

I think I've shared a sufficient amount of crazy for one post, so we'll end it there. Anything you'd care to confess?

As usual, linking up with Vodka and Soda for Humpday Confessions!





12 comments:

  1. wait....weed is legal where you are?? it's legal here for medicinal purposes but that's about it.

    thanks for linking up!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, as of January 1. I think you have to be 21+, and you can only get a certain amount at a time, but you can just go to a shop and buy it. It's kinda crazy.

      Delete
  2. Bhahaha you go girl! I confess, I've never tried that certain something that is now legal in Colorado haha. And holy crap, I don't even want to know what my phone bill would be if I didn't have unlimited texting. I think I'd need a second job lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like literally everyone here does it, so I had to give it a shot, lol. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I wish I could eat the same thing...I would be so over it after week one, really about two maybe three days is my limit on repeat meals :) I always wondered about if people who had never tried weed would once it was legal. So no drinking for you but you tried weed? I'm not sure I would (mainly b/c I hate smoking) but not something I really have to worry about as NC will be one of the last states to ever adopt something like that. People withholding pointless information drives me crazy too...I would have totally looked it up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have a drink or two on occasion, but not really enough to get buzzed. I wasn't keen on the idea of smoking either, but then I discovered edibles: just pop a piece of candy in your mouth and let the good times roll, haha. :)

      Delete
  4. I am crying at this "- On Saturday, I tried something that recently became legal in Colorado. Since I'm 30 and I've never been intoxicated/otherwise mind-altered, and it's allowed now, I decided it was time. I'm typically pretty giggly/silly, but this was some next level shit. I feel like Never Been Kissed is a pretty accurate depiction of my behavior. Except I wasn't in public, thank Christ." I am still laughing so hard that tears are streaming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, glad I could give you the giggles! I certainly had them. ;)

      Delete
  5. Hey Laura!! Oh my gosh! Isn't it awesome? Glad you tried it :) I'm moving to Colorado one of these days, wink! lol

    Lisa,xo
    http://chiclittlethrills.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, you should come! :) It was fun, but I don't know if I can make it a regular thing. I kept saying "I can tell that I'm being a complete moron, but I also can't stop myself!" Haha.

      Delete
  6. I need to make a big ol' lasagna to have for lunch every day. It would save me a ton of money and hassle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I don't even make it, I get it in the prepared foods section at the grocery store (cuz I'm laaaazy). But it is only $10, which is a lot less than I would spend going out every day.

      Delete