Thursday, October 17, 2013

TBT: Things I Used to Love

I'm a little obsessed with Throwback Thursday posts on Instagram and Twitter. I love seeing photos of people from before I knew them (or celebrities, before they were famous), or remembering that time in my life, if I knew the person then. It's just fun, ya know?

So I wanted to tweak that concept a little bit and apply it to my blog. Since I blog (or plan to blog, at this point) about things I love, I thought Throwback Thursdays would be a good way to talk about things I used to love, back in the day. Which is not to say I no longer love these things, but maybe I've outgrown them, or they're not really around anymore, etc. So my love for them has mellowed, let's say.

I thought I'd go way back for this first post, to the early/mid '90s. Every Sunday, I'd stake out a place in the living room around 11:45 in preparation for my favorite show: Ghostwriter. No, not Ghost Rider, the comic book/stellar Nicholas Cage movie, but GhostWRITER. This show was about a ghost who helped a group of teens solve mysteries/crimes by re-arranging letters on signs, sheets of paper, etc. to give them clues. And I LIVED for the show (nerd alert!). Check out the amazing opening credits and tell me it doesn't look awesome:


Good stuff, right there. Sadly, it was pulled from the schedule in my pre-teen years, and I was devastated (nerd alert, again!). It was the first in a long list of brilliant but cancelled TV shows I would go on to watch.  But thanks to the glory of YouTube, I can revisit this masterpiece whenever I so choose. And now, so can you! You can thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment