Monday, October 21, 2013

Chocolate + Caramel = Awesome


Better Than Sex Chex Mix
I saw this Better Than Sex Chex Mix on Pinterest a few weeks ago, and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. It kinda seemed like my perfect treat: chocolate, caramel, and a sprinkling of sea salt? Three of my favorite things. Also, cereal and marshmallows AND candy? So many layers of awesome. So it had to be made.

The recipe can be found here; I modified slightly to use mini Rolos instead of mini peanut butter cups and skipped the white chocolate drizzle, since I forgot to buy white chocolate chips (oops).

The title of of this post may be stating the obvious, but this stuff is seriously good. I found myself snacking on the caramel-coated cereal as it cooled, and that was delightful just on its own:

Caramel-coated cereal. Not much to look at, but it sure tastes good.
Adding the caramel drizzle.

The finished product. 

I'll leave it up to you to decide if this is indeed better than sex, but I can say it's pretty dang tasty. And fairly addictive – I may have preemptively split my husband's share into a separate container to avoid eating the whole pan myself. Next time (and you can be sure, there will be a next time) I might add small pretzels, just to change up the salty/sweet ratio a bit. But there's really nothing to complain about here as-is.

2 comments:

  1. That looks so delicious! You're always so crafty!! I should get more involved in Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lady! Pinterest is a slippery slope. I always tell myself I'm getting on to look for workout routines or healthy dinners, and I end up pinning things like this. :)

      Delete