Friday, December 20, 2013

High Five for Friday

Sheesh, this week absolutely flew by! That seems to be a common occurrence lately, as I just realized that today is the second-to-last Friday of the year. In an attempt to stop and savor the good times in this whirlwind, I present this week's high five.

1. I had such an amazing time celebrating Mal's graduation last weekend. There was great food, great people, and lots of fun.

Clearly, we are a very classy and refined group.

2. I've been having some neck/shoulder pain on and off for several weeks, so I finally went to the chiropractor on Wednesday. I feel SO much better already! I'm going back this afternoon, so hopefully I can get back to full functionality soon.

3. Cirque Dreams Holidaze - this year's holiday outing was something new and different for us, and I really enjoyed it. It was a great combination of Christmas music and death-defying stunts. It's not everyday you get to see dudes dressed as gingerbread men doing flips or flying through the air.


4. One of the Elf 4 Health challenges this week was to hold a wall sit for as long as you can (this article explains how to do one, if you've never heard of it). I'd never done one and was pretty intimidated, especially after seeing the times posted on Facebook  some ladies did 6+ minutes! But once I decided to face the music, I just kept breathing through it and ended up holding it for 4:36, way longer than anticipated. It served as a good reminder to continually challenge myself and push my limits in my workouts.

5. These peppermint pretzel sandwiches are the easiest to make and so yummy  I love the salty/sweet combo. And there's no batter to prepare, so you can make a few at a time if you want to limit your portion size. Recipe (if you can even call it that, with two ingredients) from Young Married Chic.

These would make a festive treat to leave for Santa.

Posting will be light next week with the holiday, but I will have my favorite Christmas cookie recipe for y'all on Monday, so be sure to check back if you're going be baking. As always, linking up with Lauren and Jennie. Happy a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment